The 40th Earth Day is upon us. As we face serious global climate change, take this day to take back planet earth.
You can do many things, for example:
• Plant a small herb garden or a native shrub
• Change all your light bulbs to the curly Qs
• Donate to a wildlife or environmental organization
• Bring all your old laptops to a Best Buy for free recycling
• Shred a bunch of newspaper and magazines for mailing packages, instead of using bubble wrap
• Take a walk and appreciate nature, at a park near you
• Buy organic products, groceries, and don’t forget to bring your grocery bag from home
• Don’t take taxicabs, don’t drive your car
• Unplug all unused appliances as even ones that’s not “on” suck electricity
• Don’t drink bottled water, use a filter instead
• Have your local coffee shop fill your own travel mug, save paper cups
• Save your old batteries and send them for recycling
• Get your friends together and restore a national park refuge
• Go to SumGreenIdeas.com and get ideas on how to be green. And for everything you shop through there, they contribute their proceeds to plant a tree.
Wear GREEN. It’s not just for St. Patricks Day!